All students get experience in community work and participatory research through practicums and the Internship program.
The initial group of students were involved in a variety of efforts in the surrounding villages and Parishes. In this work they ;
- Helped people identify their aspirations for themselves, their families and their communities
- Encouraged people to work together based on their identified common/shared visions and aspirations
- Mobilized and facilitated local communities
- Identified leverage points for development and applied skills and techniques to facilitate development
- Created alliances, networks and collaborations with local government and other development workers
- Provided visionary leadership in the society